Most of us won’t change our mobile number frequently. But it can happen from time to time. What do you do if you want to use your new number on WhatsApp?
In the past, a simple SMS was enough: you wrote to your contacts that you had a new number and the paint was done. But today there are many services that use the mobile number as identification. WhatsApp is one of them. I’ll show you how to change your number on WhatsApp.
Change WhatsApp number
First, you should make sure that your old number is verified. Then go to WhatsApp settings and follow these instructions:
- Tap on your profile photo
- Tap on Settings again
- Now tap on Account
- In the following you will find the item Change number. You will get a question and you have to confirm that you can receive SMS. Type in your old and your new number. You also have the possibility to inform all your contacts about your new number.
You will be prompted to verify your new number in the further process and may receive several SMS. Please note the following:
- You should make sure to inform your contacts that the old number is no longer valid.
- You do not have to delete your old account
- If you not only have a new number but also a new device, then you can simply install WhatsApp on the new device.
- All settings and groups will be transferred.