Telegram does not have to hide from the top dog WhatsApp in terms of features. However, the focus is elsewhere.
The messenger offers a lot of features that are especially interesting for techies. But one feature is missing: automatic replies. You can learn how to upgrade this feature in this article.
Telegram is extensible with bots. There is a bot for almost every purpose. Unfortunately, one for sending messages automatically is missing. You can, of course, explore Telegram’s API and program such a bot yourself.
Telegram: Send automatic replies via app
Sure, that’s one option. Another way is to use a third-party app. One such is “AutoResponder for Telegram.” The app uses Telegram’s API to send automatic messages. It works with simple chats as well as groups. It is even possible to use it as a Tasker plugin.
How to Set up AutoResponder for Telegram
The app grabs the notifications from Telegram to send the replies. So, when you first open the app, you will need to grant the appropriate permissions.
For devices with their own energy-saving management, such as Huawei, Xiaomi or Samsung, you should also add the app to the exception list. Otherwise, the app will not work reliably. Tapping notifications means that muted chats cannot be answered automatically.
Set autoresponder for Telegram
If you’ve enabled everything after the first launch, here’s how to set up your first responder:
- Tap on the plus icon in the lower right corner.
- In the upper text field you can enter the message which should be answered.
- Here you have two options. Exact or Approximate match
- In the second input field you can enter the message you want to send.
- Basically, your first AutoResponder is set up. You can move on to the other options. Even in the free version there are a lot of possibilities.